Friday, March 30, 2007

I thought I saw a Puddy Cat

Yesterday, after a conference at Pan Pacific Singapore, I went to do a bit of shopping with some of my colleagues at Raffles City Shopping Centre. There I bumped into Dr. Tan SH. Of all people, of all places. Apparently, he was in Singapore just the night before, and was visiting GIS ( Genome Institute of Singapore where Seok Shin works) and Department of Biological Sciences at NUS. Dr Hari also came but too bad I didn't get to meet him because he was in his hotel room.

For that brief meeting, we talked abt our kids ( what else... when you become parents). He still has one daughter, and will remain that way. And she goes through what the kids go through in KL, those horror stories I've heard... tuition and exams in kindergarten!! But she's 8 years old already la. He said, it's normal. THIS is the way things are today. If you don't send them to enrichment classes when they're babies, they won't catch up in school. (!!!!!!!!!!)

I'm sure at some perspective, he did what was necessary. Anyway, it was quite a surprise to bump into him there.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kean Hong said...

fate!!!

March 30, 2007 at 8:51 AM  
Blogger Kenny said...

I met Hari, SH, Suhaimi and donno who in Sime Darby, KL during one of my interview. Many seems to be out from UPM to earn a real living.
Tuition is the future industry, not biotech. Sayang there wasn't any University offering a degree in tutoring.

March 30, 2007 at 3:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home